e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mobile: 9448084873
When rain comes, it is a season of joy. Many people enjoy in soaking in rain water. Children drench happily and enthusiastically. Rain, rain, rain and more rain. It is a scene of beauty to see water pouring all around - on the roads, fields, forests and hills. It is a time to enjoy with hot coffee. It is water coming down heavily from the sky.
Yes. Rain is this joy for us. But for the ancient Indians, it is much more than this. They saw the whole cosmology and philosophy in the rain. When the rain water falls on the earth, they saw the following:
1. Water collects at a point. They called this point 'well'. Here water is pure. For many people, particularly for the Swamijis, it is heavenly water. Hence, for them, bath means, only well-water bath.
2. Water rushes out. This forms 'lake/sarovar'. This is a serene water body. Who doesn't like to sit and enjoy the time in simply watching the silent water?
3. Water spreads widely and makes a long journey. It is called 'stream'.
4. Water flows forcefully, becomes fierce, wider and swirling deeply. It is called 'river'. Is there any one, who has not taken a a dip in this holy water?
5. Oh! This is the end point for the rain water. There is no more place to flow. This is called 'sea'. This water body is bottomless and the collection centre of all the water - well, lake, stream, river and sea.
Acupuncture assigns ida-pingala, pancha mahabhootha, five emotions, five-gnyanendriya, five-karmendriya, pancha-tanmatra and many, many, more, apart from human life to these five water bodies. It says human life on this earth is a 60-year cycle covering 12-year a period to each one of these water bodies. After one full cycle, another cycle of 60-year begins. It also further says that 'lake' is the joy period; 'stream- is the middle period of responsibility-worry-over thinking. 'Sea' is the last period of life. In this period, diseases become chronic. This is the whole cosmology and philosophy of Indians, since time immemorial.
Acupuncture considers age period as another method of diagnosis and needles well, lake (lake also mean spring), stream, river and sea points.
- Raghavendrachar (Yoga shikshak & sujok acupuncturist), Bangalore, India