April 18th, is World Heritage Day and Tamil Heritage Trust launches Aalamar Avai (ஆலமர் அவை).
Aalamar Avai is an initiative exclusively for school and college
teachers who have a passion for Indian heritage and are taking efforts
to raise the awareness and appreciation of history and heritage among
their students and associates.
Through this program, THT will provide opportunities for teachers to:
• Learn more about heritage matters through online Certificate Courses
• Share their knowledge by teaching students and by conducting events
• Network with and showcase their activities with fellow, like-minded teachers
• Get easy access to resources and materials for teaching
• Have an on-going conversation with heritage experts and enthusiasts on a wide range of topics
To begin with, this initiative is being launched only for teachers from Tamilnadu and Pondicherry.
Membership is free - there is no subscription or fee.
Inaugural Course from May 1, 2021
The first program in the initiative is an Online Certificate Course on
"Our Temple Heritage". This Course which begins on May 1, 2021
will introduce participants to:
• Temple Architecture
• Sculptures & Paintings
• History from Inscriptions
Classes will be on Zoom and will be supplemented by quizzes and
fact-feeds on WhatsApp. Participants will complete a short
project and will take an on-line exam before Certification. The
course will be predominantly in Tamil.
How to Join
If you are a serving school or college teacher in TN or Pondy and are
interested to join this initiative, please fill share your basic details
in the application form available here: bit.ly/THT-Aalamar
Tamil Heritage Trust